Monday, August 22, 2016

Karen Burniston Designer Challenge - Girly or Ghouly

Hi all! It's time for the second monthly Karen Burniston Designer Challenge. With the change of format, Karen invited the team to share our ideas for themes. This month we're doing 'girly or ghouly' which was my idea! Yay! I actually started with girly, then realized that the new Halloween dies would be out, so I pleaded with Karen to change it. She suggested adding ghouly, which was a brilliant idea!

My first card for the challenge is for the original 'girly' theme. I have been dying to use the flower dies from Karen's new Flower Pot Pop Stand to make my own layered Prima-like flowers. I used coffee filters that were stained, then cut out and layered. All of that prettiness sits on top of another favorite new die - the Twist Circle. There are so many ways you can use this amazing die.

Here's a look at how the circle starts unfolding as you open the card.

Boom! Up it pops!

I decorated the front fairly simply, using another of my new favorite sets, Labels and Circles.




Of course, I couldn't resist making a Halloween card as well! I decided to use the same die set, just to show how versatile it is. The background of my card was made with Yupo and alcohol inks. I absolutely love the look of the ai's on Yupo! The moon was created with the wrinkle free distress technique and cut with the larges circle in the set. The witch is from Oxford Impressions' Wicked stamp set. An artfully placed bat keeps her modest. ;-)


Here you can see the card as it's opening. I kept the back of the tombstone unattached so the moon could slide behind it.

Another simple card front, this time using the new Bats stencil and the Iron Fence Pop Up.

The supplies I used can be found at Elizabeth Craft Designs and Simon Says Stamp via the links below.





Thanks so much for stopping by today! I have more Halloween fun coming up this week, so stay tuned!

5 comments:

  1. Very creative! The flowers on the girly card are sooooo pretty!

    I especially love the ghouly card. I never would have thought of using a bat on the naked witch stamp. Very artful! And the Yupo background is wicked!

    Two excellent cards! You rocked your challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Goooooooorgeous Shelly!!!! I love that you used the Twist Vircle in two ways!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OOOOOOOOOOOOO! Fabulisciousness!! LOVE the spookaliscious ghouly card but they are both awesome!!! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Halloween and this card is so cute. I'll have to bookmark it to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Halloween and this card is so cute. I'll have to bookmark it to do it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!