Sunday, March 1, 2015

Leave a Little Sparkle


Happy Sunday, everyone! I hope you've had a great weekend. Today, I thought I'd share another card I made for the Stampers Anonymous CHA booth using new stamps and stencils from Tim Holtz.

I had made this glittered frame using Tim's Ornate Frame die ages ago but never used it for its intended project. I saved it, knowing the right project would come along and, when I saw this sentiment stamp from Tim, I knew it would be perfect! This could be a card, but I actually made it to be a decor piece that you could hang, or display on an easel. Here's a quick rundown of how I made it:

The frame was cut from chipboard using the Ornate Frame die from Sizzix. I painted it gold, then coated it with Ranger's Glue 'n Seal and covered it with Platinum Dry Stickles.

The base is a panel of chipboard that I covered with burlap. I dabbed Picket Fence Distress paint here and there and added idea-ology metal foil corners. Next, I cut a piece of watercolor paper using Tim's Big Ticket die. I used the Stenciled Embossed Resist technique I shared a couple weeks ago on the Ranger blog to create the background and then cut an opening in it to match the opening in the frame.

The sentiment was stamped on a piece of plain watercolor paper and adhered to the burlap panel. I adhered the glittered frame to the ticket and tied it with a length of ribbon that was dyed using Broken China Distress Stain spray. The ticket was mounted to the burlap panel with foam dots to give it some dimension.

I think this would make such a great card or gift for a special friend or daughter. In fact, I might just have to make another one for mine!

Speaking of sparkle, I just had to share this pic with you. Some of you may know I live in Mississippi - definitely not a state known for its snowfall. Well, we had a brief but beautiful snowstorm last week that was one of most beautiful I've ever seen! It was completely gone the next day, but I had a great time playing in it with my husband. Our backyard has never looked more picturesque!

You can find all the supplies I used via the links below. Have fun shopping!





5 comments:

  1. I really like this bling-y project. And I really, really like the pop your red scarf made in your snow portrait!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I love it! The photo of you in the snow is wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelly your project is fabulous. Love the background technique and your lovely glitter frame. Oh you are so skilled !! Thanks a lot for sharing. This was very inspiraional to me.
    Hugs from Monica... Spain

    ReplyDelete
  4. i struggle with glitter and sparkle but this looks great x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect card for the perfect wintry sparkle of your backyard...that WAS extremely picturesque. So glad you captured that. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!