Monday, June 8, 2009

Technique Junkies - Clear Coat Collage

Another fantastic technique from the latest Technique Junkie newsletter. I was inspired by a tin sign that I bought awhile ago at Hobby Lobby. It has a vintage postcard background which I was going to try to replicate, but while looking for stamps I came across a crackle stamp from I Brake for Stamps and ended up heading it a totally different direction!

The rest of the stamps are from various Oxford Impressions plates. That's one of my favorite things about OI sets - they all work so well together. The trim at the bottom is my favorite Baroque Border from RockCandy Studios.

I am so happy with how this turned out. Coloring is definitely not one of my strong suits, but I'm trying to improve!

3 comments:

  1. I see nothing wrong with your colouring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think you did a beautiful job coloring! Love the card!
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  3. love all the colors..i have been into the goldy yellows and of course red lately..great piece...congrats again if i didn't tell you for your spot RCS new blog for the month.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!