Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Technique Junkies - Oil Pastel Chic

I have become totally addicted to the Oil Pastel Chic technique from Technique Junkies! It is such a forgiving and fun tech....it can work with so many different art styles too. I love how it looks with this beautiful woman image from ARTchix Studio. I was very sad to learn today that they are discontinuing their stamp line. It's really a shame because they had some gorgeous stamps that were some of the easiest photo stamps I've ever used. Helga said she will be redesigning them some time in the future - I'm hoping it's soon!

The actual color on the stamped image is a much darker brown in real life. Blech, I hate scans! The lovely trim is from RockCandy Studios and the 'Femme' stamp is from Oxford Impressions' Beloved stamp collection. The bird punch is from Martha Stewart.

4 comments:

  1. I really must get my oil pastels out and have a play with them (about number 52 in a list of "things I must have a go at")
    this looks great, I love the rich background you have achieved.
    :( shame about artchiz stamps

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is beautiful! I like the color combos you've been using for this technique. Can't wait to try it myself.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous, Shelly! What a fabulous design!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!