Monday, December 22, 2008

Technique Junkies - Feathered Tye Dye

I've tried this technqiue before, but Pat @ Technique Junkies put a fabulous twist on it that makes it really special! I actually wanted to make something just so I could use one of these poinsettia flowers I found at the Dollar Tree. I think there are 20 to a stem - a nickle apiece, what a deal! The gold embossing is an idea I borrowed from Evelyn Spikes who was playing around with the original technique at the same time I was. Mine tended to kind of absorb back into the paper towel, but I still like the look of it. This wonderful woman image is from Art Creations Friday. I didn't get a chance to use it when they first posted it, but I knew the time would come when I would find the perfect piece to use it on. Joyeux Noel stamp is from Artistic Outpost's Snowy Woods collection, and the corner stamp is from Prima.

8 comments:

  1. Wow Shelly this is really really beautiful. Love them.

    My dear Shelly, have a wonderful and peaceful christmas time and a happy new year. Thanks for all the lovely comments on my blog. I´m very glad about it. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shelly, this background is gorgeous!!! That image is perfect -- but of course I haven't seen one thing using that image that wasn't stunning yet:)
    Great idea on the flowers from dollar, tree. Sure beats the ones I bought from Making Memories:(
    Have a great Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the background and the red..i just love christmas time everyone uses red..i must see how to do this background

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is Stunning!!!I Love how you did the background. Now off to check out how its done on Technique Junkies. Have a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous background and image. Have a lovely Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. O o what a beauty!!!
    .
    Have a Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shelly, what a fantastic piece. I love the way you used that gorgeous image with your rich colors. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!