Sunday, January 11, 2015

CHA Release - Karen Burniston Pop it Ups!

Happy Sunday, all! Hope your weekend has been fab. Today I'm sharing one of the cards I made using dies from Karen Burniston's CHA Winter 2015 release. There are so many fantastic dies in this collection, it's hard to pick a favorite! However, her new Eiffel Tower Pop Stand is definitely at the top of my list!

VoilĂ ! How amazing is that Eiffel Tower Pop Stand?! This card illustrates the versatility of the way Pop it Ups dies work. You can place the die on any fold, in any location and choose exactly where your pop-up element will be placed. For this card, I thought a gate fold would be a really fun way to show off the Eiffel Tower, plus it gave me lots of room for embellishments like the bunting and various tags.

Speaking of which, all the tags you see were cut using another one of Karen's new dies - the Tags Pivot Card. I have a really cool card made using that die set that I'll be sharing soon. And do you see the little paper clip? That's also a die. How adorable, right?! The word Paris is spelled out with another new die from Elizabeth Craft Designs called Caps. The stamps and papers I used are all from Pink Paislee. Unfortunately, it looks like the papers are discontinued, but the stamps are still available (and on sale) at Inspiration Emporium.


This is another one of those cards that looks so much better in person! Here's a short video I made just so you can see how it operates. Pretty amazing! I would love to expand this idea into a mini album with pop-ups and pages - a small interactive mini book. How fun would that be?

You can find the supplies I used at Inspiration Emporium and Elizabeth Craft Designs via the links below. Karen's new dies will be available later this month - save up, you're gonna want them all! Remember, you can use my discount code - stamptramp - at IE to save 10% on your order.


11 comments:

  1. Oh my gracious, that's gorgeous! Love. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Paris theme is wonderful and I do love that pop up Eiffel Tower! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pop ups are always so fun and I just love what you created here. Beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ohhhhhh a pop up book… that would be so fun to make! this card is wonderful Shelly!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy cow Shelly, this is gorgeous and genius! One of the prettiest and most creative pop up cards I've seen! Love that die!! until next time, big hugs :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Shelly, my jaw drops every time I see something you create. Your brain must never take a break! LOVE your work. Thanks for the inspiration. You and Karen make a terrific team!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Really cool, Shelly! Thanks for sharing this with us. I was wondering how big the Eiffel Tower die would be, and this helps me see the scale by watching you open it in the video!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card Shelly ... you always have such amazing projects; love every little detail !

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card design! I can't wait to get some of these new dies from Karen and Elizabeth Craft!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!