Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Pop it Ups June Challenge - Photo Accordion Albums

Hi all! This month, the supremely talented Karen Burniston challenged the Pop it Ups team to create any style accordion album using photos. When I was working with her new Ring Accordion Album earlier this month, I had the idea to add a stem at the top of the album and create a pocket watch shape. I knew I had to try it out, so I found an image of a watch, enlarged the stem area and printed it out on cardstock. A little glue and I had a pocket watch!

Since this is called the Ring Album, how perfect is it for a wedding theme? I decided to use all the dance photos from my daughter's wedding reception - the bride and groom's first dance, the father/daughter dance, and the mother/son dance. I think this will be a really sweet gift for my daughter and son-in-law.

The Ring album will be available the first couple weeks in July. Make sure you ask your favorite retailer to order it for you! The Ring album comes with little ornament top dies so you can turn this album into multiple little Christmas ornaments. So cute!


You know how I love using Vine to share a quick peek at how these albums open. So much better than a pic!


Thanks so much for stopping by today. Remember to check the Elizabeth Craft Designs blog tomorrow for an amazing tutorial from Karen and lots of inspiration from the whole team!

P.S. I thought I'd share my image in case anyone else would like to turn their die into a pocket watch. Just click on the image, then right click or drag it to your desktop to save.

10 comments:

  1. So clever Shelly, It is truly beautiful!! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. once again, a beautiful creation! Now to find that die online so I can purchase it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful and thank you very much for the pocket watch won't that come in handy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW ... fabulous idea ... great album ... just beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a perfect way to create a wedding memento - beautiful!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super card, beautiful, thank you for sharing it :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!