Thursday, June 30, 2011

Theme Thursday - ATCs


For some reason, ATCs aren't really my thing. I'm not sure why...I just have a hard time fitting stuff on that little rectangle! I know some fantastic artists like Viola who can create incredible works of art in this 3.5" x 2.5" space...and I try, but I don't seem to have the touch. Nevertheless, I decided to join in with everyone over at Theme Thursday and see what I could come up with!

My background was created with the Watercolor Distress technique from the Feb/Mar '07 issue of the Technique Junkie newsletter. Instead of regular Distress ink, I used Broken China and Peeled Paint Distress Stains. On top of that, I stamped the background from Tim Holtz's Papillon stamp set using a Snow Cap paint dabber. The Wish stamp is from Tim's Stuff to Say collection and the flourish border is from his Nature's Discovery set.. The little girl is a rubber stamped image from Oxford Impressions' Heritage collection. Isn't she adorable?! She is stamped on glossy paper using Jet Black Archival ink. I really wanted to do stitching around the edges, but I was too lazy to change the thread color in my machine, so I opted to cheat a little and use the Drywall Stitching technique from the Apr/May issue of the TJ newsletter. Finally, I dyed a little rose from my Idea-ology Lavish Trimmings with Broken China Distress Stain and attached it to my ATC with an Idea-ology Long Fastener and a set of Idea-ology leaves.

Thanks so much for stopping by! :-)

15 comments:

  1. Fabulous ATC, love the adorable image and your background is gorgeous. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a lot of work for that little piece of art, Shelly! It's darling. (I love ATCs but haven't made one for soooooo long!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet little image on your fabulous ATC....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable atc, Shelly. One wouldn't know you didn't like making atc's as this is terrific!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. No need to be hard on yourself, Shelly...your ATC is as wonderful as all your artwork. What a darling little girl image. Beautifully created ATC.

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's a wonderful atc, Shelly!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh Shelly... I love YOUR ATC... this little girl looks like a photo... not a stamp... what a wonderful job you did with this... I hear your words... but your make wonderful tags AND ATC's... they are great... one of the things to think about is that they are a small tag... and you will do fine... besides... your ATC is GREAT... LOVE it...

    Have a great day... I had Sande down today and we made ribbon... her first time... and I finished my 2nd roll of binding!!! I think I am addicted... what do you think???

    Love, Light and Peace...Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is a great ATC Shelly I love that gorgeous layered background. And thanks for the link to Viola - I just ogled a lot of her work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think that there isn't anything that you don't do well, including this adorable ATC

    ReplyDelete
  10. What do you mean you have a hard time with ATCs? This is adorable!!!!! You did a GREAT job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You'd never know you have a hard time with ATCs, Shelly! In fact, I'd say you've got a gift...this is one special little card! Fabulous art!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!