Monday, June 13, 2011

Technique Junkie Stampbooking Blog Hop!

Hi and welcome to the Technique Junkie Stampbooking Blog Hop! I was so excited to be invited to join the wonderful Technique Junkie design team as a Spotlight Designer for this hop. As you go from blog to blog, you will discover some fantastic techniques from the recently released TJ Stampbooking CD. The CD contains 75 inspiring techniques in PDF form. As you will see, these techniques are fun and versatile!

At the end of the hop, you will visit Jane Bosi's blog - it's her birthday today and she will be giving away one of the new Technique Junkie Stampbooking CDs. Make sure you leave a comment and give her lots of birthday wishes!

I chose to use the Glimmer Masking technique for my scrapbook page. I have to be totally honest with you....this is the first scrapbook page I've ever done. Two beautiful children and hundreds of photographs, but I've never gotten into scrapbooking. Who knows, maybe this will be the kick start that I need!

I snapped this picture of my daughter with my phone while she was sitting at the kitchen table, chatting with me. The light was so perfect I just had to capture the moment! To enhance the lovely Glimmer Masking, I embellished my page further with rubber stamped images from Tim Holtz (Papillion and Postcard collections). I also added a little Faux Enamel tag stamped with a sentiment from Tim Holtz's Stuff to Say stamp set. It's attached to the card with Idea-ology Charm Clips and  Long Fasteners.

If you've just joined the hop here, make sure you go to the Technique Junkie blog page and start from the beginning; you really don't want to miss any of the wonderful artwork from the TJ designers! If you're already on the tour, your next stop is at Beth Norman's inspiring blog - Sunflowers and Dragonflies. Enjoy!

Me!
Jane Bosi - the Birthday Girl!

34 comments:

  1. What a beautiful page, Shelly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful page for a beautiful daughter.
    Chris C

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is just beautiful, Shelly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. FIrst Page!? See you are already a PRO! Beautiful work! It is so fun to see your pictures come to life!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous layout, Shelly. And your daughter is a real beauty too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohhhhhhh this is so soft and feminine and beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. For a first scrapbook page it is super awesome. You are a natural and I love all the elements about it. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous page Shelly! I can't believe this is your first page... you should definitely do more! I love this technique! I love the way you attached the faux enamel tag on your page also, I am going to have to give that a try as well!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning, gorgeous, and amazing. I cannot believe you don't scrap!!! Thank you so much for contributing to this hop--keep on scrappin'!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Totally awesome, gorgeous. I haven't tried this technique so thanks for inspiring me to give it a go.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful page. Beautiful daughter. You did a fabulous job on your first page.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love that technique! So dreamy, perfect for the expression on your daughter's face. Wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Congratulations Shelly. Your LO is fabulous. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your first layout? You have a calling to work on more layouts; this one is so beautiful. I always enjoy seeing your work, and this is no exception.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I can't believe this is your first layout. It's gorgeous in it's simplicity and the picture of your daughter is so serene!

    ReplyDelete
  16. A lovely page for a lovely daughter!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Shelly, if this is your first scrapbook page I think you have it aced. This is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Dramatic ...love your page and presentation. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. That's a beautiful page. I don't even like my first page. You should definitely keep scrapbooking!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is so beautiful! It has such a soft dreamy look to it. Love the color palette you used and all the pretty girly embellishments. Your daughter is quite a beauty too!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful page and your daughter is really a beautiful young lady :)
    TFS

    ReplyDelete
  22. This page is so lovely. Don't you dare stop scrapbooking you have a natural talent.
    www.frugcricutscrapper.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous page. You should start scrapping!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I like the use of Glimmer Mist for scrapping

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great page.Your daughter is beautiful
    Vicky Schmidt

    ReplyDelete
  26. I love the look of your technique- great picture of your daughter and the page is beautiful (Oh- I love pink!)- the masking is perfect and I love the ribbon and the sentiment tag.

    ReplyDelete
  27. I cannot believe it is your first page! Simply gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Love this page... the masking and colors are so sweet behind the B&W photo. Beautiful page!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Love your page. Awesome.
    Carol C

    ReplyDelete
  30. Glimmer masking looks like a wonderful technique. Thanks for sharing your creation.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Shelly, your scrapbook page is so lovely--I have THOUSANDS of photos of my family on my computer, and like you, have never gotten into scrapbooking--this gives me hope! I just love the background--and your photo of your lovely daughter just pops here--gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!