Sunday, June 26, 2011

Sunday Stampers - More Than Words

Today's Sunday Stampers gives me yet another excuse to trot out my new Artistic Outpost London Underground stamps*! This card is also an ode to my new found love for Ranger's Adirondack Dabber paints. I was slow to warm up to these, but now I don't think I can live without them!

For this piece, I wanted the Union Jack to be fairly neutral...I also wanted the aqua to be the main color focus. Since I was using the corrugated cardboard as a base, I knew I'd have to think of something clever, since there was no way that I was going to get the impression I wanted on such an uneven surface. My solution was to stamp on tissue paper using Adirondack Slate ink and then adhere it to my painted cardboard with Claudine Hellmuth Studio Matte Multi Medium. I used an Adirondack Cranberry Dabber to stamp the sentiment, and added other stamped images using a Snow Cap Dabber. I used my new Sizzix Pennants die to cut a cute banner from red and white ticking fabric. It's attached to a piece of string and then attached using the Idea-ology Tiny Attacher.

This is my favorite part! Again, more great examples of how versatile the Dabbers are. My flower was cut from Idea-ology Kraft Glassine using the Sizzix Tattered Florals die. I added a bit of Snow Cap paint here and there to soften it, and painted an Idea-ology Foliage piece with the Cranberry Dabber for the center. The flower is mounted over a frame cut from chipboard using the Sizzix Tag and Bookplates die. The frame was painted with a Snow Cap Dabber and the edges lightly sanded. I attached a Philosophy Tag that I painted with an Aqua Paint Dabber (loving this color so much right now!).

I'm also loving this view of all the layers! The bottom is chipboard, the red layer is a piece of the new Adirondack Core'dinations paper that's been embossed using Tim Holtz's Regal Flourish Texture Fade. The whole grungy sandwich is attached to the base using - what else? - the Tiny Attacher.

***Don't forget, you can use this code: stamptramp and get 10% off of your order at Artistic Outpost!***

Thanks so much for stopping by. Enjoy what's left of your weekend and have a wonderful week!

13 comments:

  1. This is fabulous. I love the use of the corrugated cardboard and fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving this piece.I did something similar a few years ago with Gesso so I must try my dabbers now on the corrugated cardboard.

    Carol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great piece, Shelly. Love that flower and wouldn't have thought of using white to soften it - thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Shelly this is awesome, I love those stamps as you know, but the way you have used the flag underneath that stunning aqua is cool, love the vintage feel to this piece .. it rocks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely piece, love how you have used the flag and used such muted colours. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. You know I love this, and all of your art. When I design stamps, I think of what you might do with them. You are definitely a MUSE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. this
    is
    awesome!!!

    i absolutely love all the layers and all the use of dabbers, specially on the glassine. what a great idea to stamp the flag on tissue paper! taking a deep deep bow... again ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Absolutely awesome!! I need those stamps lol Thanks for joining in with the Sunday sTamper x

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this! And I couldn't agree with you more about the Dabbers - they're a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wonderful piece with great details, love the flower.

    ReplyDelete
  11. GIRL! You are having WAY TOO MUCH fun with this set!!! (GRIN) love the card...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!