Thursday, June 16, 2011

Artistic Outpost's British Invasion + a Challenge Reminder

Today I'm sharing a card using more stamps from Artistic Outpost's new London Underground stamp collection. The versatility of these stamps is amazing! Yesterday I used the Union Jack stamp as a resist, for this card I inked it with Distress Stains and created a border. I love the look of the stains with this stamp! My background was created using the Cuttlebug Highlights technique from the Oct/Nov '08 issue of the Technique Junkie newsletter.

My palace guards were bored with their uniforms, so I gave them a little extra sparkle with Fired Brick Distress Stickles. Some of the other guards teased them, but they didn't care - they knew they looked good!

Do you like adding little shine and shimmer to your projects? Make sure you check out Inspiration Emporium's monthly challenge - Sparkle. Just create something using Sparkly Fluff or Stickles, upload it to a photo sharing site or your blog, and post a link on the Inspiration Journal page. It's that easy! You have until July 3rd to enter. The winner will receive a $50 gift certificate to Inspiration Emporium, where you will be able to buy all the sparkly treats (or anything else) your heart desires!

Supply list:
Artistic Outpost - London Underground stamp set
Idea-ology Philosophy Tags
Ranger Distress Stickles - Fired Brick
Ranger Distress Stain - Fired Brick and Faded Jeans
Ranger Distress Ink - Fired Brick
Adirondack Dabber - Red Pepper
Ranger Archival Ink - Jet Black
Tim Holtz Texture Fade - Collage

10 comments:

  1. You're doing awesome work with these stamps, Shelly! Love these!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this. Very cool colors and the rope/string. Love it.
    Kel

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful piece and I love their embellished uniforms. Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! Exceptional colors and that red pops just so!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Shelly I love to come visit your blog......your work is so amazing!! I adore these stamps and you have created some pretty awesome makes! Loving your work xx

    kazxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is wonderful, Shelly! The color palette you used really appeals to me and your embossed background is fantastic, but my favorite is the way you frayed the cord - very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very cool, love it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. those palace guards were right to alter their uniforms, it looks so cool this way! lol love the layers of your card and the combo's you made. love your work!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Neat looking guards...I like what you did for them. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!