Thursday, May 19, 2011

Theme Thursday - Numbers

My submission for this week's Theme Thursday challenge is a beeswax collage piece that I've worked and reworked about three times. I think I finally got it right this time! The great thing about using beeswax as an adhesive is that you can easily remove and rearrange your elements until you get it right. This was originally something I was going to submit for a Stampers' Sampler challenge, but I have just gotten too lazy to submit anymore - all that instruction writing, ack!

The base of my collage is a piece of corrugated cardboard. I layered various torn papers, and then added stamped images from Oxford Impressions and Tim Holtz. I finished it off with embellishments from Tim's Idea-ology line.

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I want to remind you to check out the packaging challenge over at the Inspiration Emporium blog - you can't win if you don't play! ;-)

Supplies:
Oxford Impressions rubber stamps
Tim Holtz Steampunk rubber stamps
Melt Art BeesWax - natural
Idea-ology Plaquettes and Lightbulbs

22 comments:

  1. Beautiful, Shelly! Love the red mixed in with the browns/black.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous piece, love all the layers. Great masculine piece. Tracy xv

    ReplyDelete
  3. Shelley, this is a fantastic collage from the corrugated cardboard to the TH embellishments. Your work is always A#1.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just fabulous....like so fabulous Im in Awe! just love it

    Kazx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Terrific Steampunk piece, like the others I love all the layers and the great beeswax finish. Beautiful work. Annette x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow - gorgeous, Shelly! I just love the look that beeswax lends - it's like nothing else. I've really got to take the plunge sometime. Those vintage images are great, and Tim's pieces are the perfect touch.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Shelly, this is marvelous! I love beeswax anyway so right up my alley!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Shelly, it looks wonderful! I've had my melting pot & beeswax for over a year now, but have yet to try it. I just love how you used it in your steampunk theme!

    ReplyDelete
  9. WOW, Shelly, what a FABULOUS card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely piece... is there anything significant about "17" ??? IT seems so poignant or am I reading too much into a random number?
    JoZarty x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful, Shelly!! I love working with beeswax, but rarely remember to do so. Thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  12. this is fantastic! like the grungyness and the enameled number looks so good!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is a great collage. You truly have the stamper's touch! I admire that skill, and I'm glad you shared your talent with us.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is an awesome piece, Shelly, I LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is amazing, I am completely in awe.

    Wendy -x-

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wow, that's breathtaking. The number is a wonderful eye catcher.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely fantastic, Shelly!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Super Project Shelly...LOVE this!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great piece, Shelly as all your work is!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Shelly,

    Such a creative use of packaging that I have a ton of! Possible Father's Day card on the way.Barb O.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!