Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Tim's Tag Day 9

Such a fun tag today, but so many things I didn't have! I think that's what made it fun for me. Here is what I didn't have, and what I did to make it work:

Film Strip Ribbon - To make my own film strip, I stamped Tim's film stamp repeatedly on acetate using black Stazon ink. I trimmed it and put the pictures behind it as shown on Tim's blog.

Metal Flower
- I used my Martha Stewart hydrangea punch (love this punch!) and punched two flowers out of red cardstock. I brushed them with copper paint and then with walnut Distress ink. I bent the petals and coated them with a light layer of Diamond Glaze. For the center I punched out a flower (daisy punch) and then trimmed off the petals. I painted that gold and brushed it with walnut ink. Assembled using a brad. Isn't that faux eyelet tech cool??

Metal Numbers
- I used my Slice to cut the numbers from cardstock. Then I covered them with aluminum tape from RockCandy Studios and sanded them to make them dull. I sponged with a little black Stazon to give them an aged look.

Typewriter Keys
- I punched the letters from a sheet of scrapbook paper and then glued them to little wood disks. I used the bent part of a paper clip for the jump ring. When it was dry I covered the edges with silver embossing powder and embossed. Then I added clear ep over the top. Should have done that in the reverse! Next time....

Dymo Tape
- I am out of black tape, so I tried black cardstock. I didn't like the look so I used this font and printed it on photo paper.

The background stamp I used is from Oxford Impressions' Paris Poste collection.

Whew! That was a lot of improvising, but I feel like I learned so much, which is why I LOVE these tags!

12 comments:

  1. What a fabulous idea to make your own film strip -- you are so creative! I really thought you were showing Tim's tag at first!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Shelly!! I never would have known you did all that improvising!! Every thing you did looks like the real thing. Have to say I follow your blog, its been in my favorites for at least a year, you're one creative person! Thanks, Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Brilliant tag! Love all the small touches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful rendition of Tim's tag! Thanks for the link to the fonts - learn something new every day... Had fun at that site seeing what was out there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the way your typewriter keys turned out! I never would of guessed they were not the real thing! Thanks for sharing! I'm going to try that one of these day. Maybe after Christmas! :)
    Happy Holdiays.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are so good at making due with what you have. This tag looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funky, artsy, Sister Slice! You're brilliant. I printed out the photos, but haven't started on this one yet. I should get off the 'puter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. and just like all of your previous tags, LOVE this one just as much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. so creative! I didn't have any of his goodie either so I made do, just not nearly as clever as you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love all your improvising, Shelly! That's one reason why I checked your blog to see your tag variations (just as fabulous as I knew they would be!!) Thanks also for sharing your ideas with all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shelly - this is awesome!!! Great idea to stamp on the acetate! All of your tags are awesome!!! Thanks for all the techniques you showed us!!! Marva

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your thoughts. I appreciate your comments so much!